Thursday, November 6, 2008

The New Shabby Chic...

Mz Ashwell has a new California home!

From Romantic Country magazine - After twenty years, Rachel remains faithful to the gently rumpled beauty and easy elegance that made her style a household name. "The look is still based on the aesthetics of comfort, function, and the union of great design with casual ease, but today's Shabby Chic decor is less layered and more tailored," she explains. "Though I still love furniture with timeworn patina I have learned to appreciate the authenticity if weathered wood in it's natural state." These changes are evident throughout her inviting home.

Although I dislike Shabby Chic prices I can't ignore my love for the style. When my great room is built, complete with French doors and a private enclosed courtyard, I too will keep the windows and doors curtain free to maximise the light and space.



For Aussies, romantic country magazine is on the expensive side especially for it's size but with a 10 page spread on this inspiring home I couldn't resist.

The thing I love about Mz Ashwell's homes and style is how unpretentious it looks, however when you see the prices of her wares you almost faint lol. Truth is, any budget can create this look and have a very classy home.


I love all the vintage art displayed sporatically throughout the house and of course the mish mashed chairs.



(please click to enlarge)


Very exciting!, I just recently purchased a dressing table kinda sorta similar to this on ebay - more about that another time.


I'm sure there will be many celebratory events on this weekend for my American pals and down under on the east coast we are mean't to have a beautiful sunny weekend. Get out and about and live it up!!!

Anna xox.






0 comments:

Post a Comment