Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The wonderful world of miniatures...

(holiday jenny)

(holiday jenny)


(Alicia Paulson)


(Alicia Paulson)




(midolls*melissa)


(The Paris Apartment)

(The Paris Apartment)



(amber e)

(amber e)


(La Belle Avenue)


(steaktaco)


(sevenfoldlife)

(sevenfoldlife)

(roblaliberte)

(Jaykissan)


(Lakeminis)

(Lakeminis)


(Hwar)

(Hwar)

(Hwar)

While I was quietly sitting, perusing through one of my favourite interior design books my daughter came to me and asked why I loved these kinds of books so much. I told her when I was a little girl like her, I loved to play with my doll house and decorate all the little rooms. If I didn't have what I needed for the rooms I improvised. This included cotton balls for pillows, hankie's for bedsheets, little cut out pictures from magazines for the walls and so forth. I then continued to tell her now I'm a grown up and have my own home I am still somewhat playing doll house but on a much larger scale lol. The books are an escape from reality for me just like anyone who is an avid reader of fictional novels. I actually dive into the pages and imagine I live in the rooms presented. I then jump back out and try to figure out how I can bring that fantasy room into my real home.

This conversation with my daughter prompted me to think about a post Claudia Strasser of The Paris Apartment made last week about collecting stunning miniature Parisian style furniture for her nieces, and picking up some gorgeous wall papers from a NY flea market for their doll house. I then became curious as to how seriously people decorate their doll houses these days and these are some of the pics I found...

Most of them I found on flickr. I love the vintage retro styles and the traditional. I am floored by the details in some of them and I adore those little french cafe style chairs in the pic by steaktaco. I also included a couple of extra pics I found by holiday jenny. She makes these absolutely beautiful shadow boxes as well as miniature girly framed prints. So cute!
My favourite find was Alicia Paulsons colourful doll house and all that adorable vintage furniture :) Her flickr sets are well worth having a peek as they also show off her amazingly happy and colourful home. I love it! Alicia's flickr page also led me to her blog, posie gets cozy, which is now one of my favourites to frequent. Read about all her wonderful creations and the new addition to her family....an adorable welsh corgi named Clover Meadow :)

Links...

0 comments:

Post a Comment