Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas at my place...


It looks squishy but there was actually plenty of room :)



I kind of had a little reindeer theme going on for the centrepieces :)




My children lovingly decorated our christmas tree. It's a bit of a mishmash of everything really lol.

Introducing my dad Bruce and my sister Sarah :)

My sister Fiona and her baby Zach :)

My sister Ashley :)

My little darling Zach again :)

My baby girl Sophie :)

And finally, my gorgeous boy William and I.


(unfortunately there was no close up shot of my stepmum Carolynn, and all the boys looked too drunk in the pics to be posted lol ugh!)



I just wanted to share some pics from a wonderful chrissy dinner I hosted for my family on monday night.

Unfortunately my dad and step mum live around 2 hours away and are unable to spend christmas day with my sisters and I so we usually have a christmas dinner with them the week before. This year it was my turn to host.

I live in a somewhat humble home with a large backyard complete with entertaining area, great for bbq's and outdoor parties but not so great for formal dinnerparties with larger numbers. I don't exactly have a dining room, or a dining suite for that matter lol. I currently use my dining room as an office until renovations hopefully begin next year.

I had to improvise by creating a dining area in my living/family room and I was quite pleased with the result. I used a standard tressel table as the main dining table. Two directors chairs I had with white slip covers to go at the head and end, and 4 cafe style outdoor chairs as the middle seating. An odd set up I know, but with cushions for bums it was actually quite comfortable lol. I also set my kitchen table which is my families main eating space and we later moved it into the room next to the other.

I was really pleased with my table decorations including my brand new stunning candlesticks my mum gave me as an early chrissy present. They are actually a duck egg blue colour, I just LOVE them. I apologise for the washed out colour of the photo's, the colours were actually alot richer.

The menu for the evening wasn't too flash but equally satisfying with nibbles such as cherries, choccy's, chips and dips, cheese and crackers for starters. A traditional english baked dinner for main and pavlova with fruit, ice cream and brandy cream for dessert. Naturally we all woofed it down like there was no tomorrow lol.

A great time was had by all. Lots of conversation, laughter, christmas background music, kids chasing each other, wrapping paper flinging everywhere, eating, drinking.........everything we love about family and christmas :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment