Friday, September 5, 2008

Pied-à-terre ...

From Wikipedia - A pied-à-terre literally translates from the French as "foot on the ground". This is said to be because pieds-à-terre were traditionally ground floor apartments, however, more likely, is to have a foothold, refering to territory rather than elevation. A pied-à-terre is a residence that will be used temporarily, mostly as a second home.

On days when my husband and children drive me nuts I often have dreams of escaping to my own pied-à-terre in Paris lol.



While researching accommodation in Paris for our trip last year I discovered this amazing website I'd forgotten I'd saved filled with the most beautiful vacation apartments or pieds-à-terre with view's that'll take your breath away.


I HAD to post some pics from these heavenly spaces.



I have to say, while in Paris myself, I nearly got hit by passing buses and cars many times as I couldn't keep my eyes off the magnificent bewitching architecture. I was trying to offer commentary to my accompanied video camera but I was often rendered speechless.


I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to wake up to a view like this every morning :)


Côte de Nuits

This 2 bedroom luxury apartment boasts 4 french doors opening onto your private balcony. Stunning herringbone parquet floors and all the creature comforts you can imagine.




I am completely smitten with those silk curtains in my favourite duck egg colour.


Gorgeous gorgeous blue and white toile and stripes in bedroom 2.




Sauternes










The divine master bedroom





Stunning bedroom 2



Volnay




Champagne









Côte de Beaune



This looks very similar to the Swedish stoves Joni from Cote de Texas has beautifully illustrated in her latest post.






Merlot


All of the apartments have a beautiful display of authentic French antiques.


Two stunning antique stone bowls made into sinks sit atop a limestone bench.

Sancerre



Probably my favourite of them all, this is such a bright airy space. I love that it's on a corner with French doors all around.

I think a zebra rug would have looked better ;)






Romanée











I hope I haven't tortured you with these enticing images. Perhaps it may put your Parisian holiday plans a little more forward, however you'll need to save your pennies cause as you can imagine, with these beauties, what you pay for is what you get ;)

Happy Weekend!







0 comments:

Post a Comment