Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hello my name is Anna and I am a bookaholic....

Especially when it comes to the French variety, ie: books about all that is French!


Last month I posted a long list of books on my wishlist and I wanted to share my latest additions to my beloved library.


The above book wasn't on my list but when I saw it on sale I HAD to have it. Now to be perfectly honest I'm not the worlds greatest cook nor would I ever claim to be (I'll leave that title for my mum and sisters), and I most likely will never attempt any of the complicated recipes, although they do look positively mouth watering. I fell in love with this book for the stunning photography inside and - well - haha (blush) - the blue cover and intricate spine makes this book a perfect accent to display in my provincial inspired kitchen LOL. It's truly the most beautiful recipe book I've ever seen.


Having said all that if there are any of you gourmet chefs out there looking for the challenge of perfecting some ancient authentic French recipes, this book will become your new bible :)



Another recent purchase was this exquisite book offering an extended look into ways to decorate with quirky and whimiscal flea market finds, heirlooms and general accents.


I love the first paragraph from the preface - Objects play special roles in every home; their presence creates an atmosphere and a state of mind. Objects tell the private story of an interior; they reflect the personalities and sensibilities of the people who live there. A home without objects would be a place without a soul, devoid of meaning or emotion. - So true!


This book I highly recommend to people who love collecting or creating vignettes. It's full of earthy tones and plenty of white and patina. I love it, it's the kind of book you can peruse over and over again and still find amazing sites you hadn't seen before.
Note: The cover above is the American/British version. Aussie's look out for the cover below.




0 comments:

Post a Comment