Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Jean Harlow and old movies...

(Marilyn Monroe as Jean Harlow)




(Dinner at eight)





Isn't she fabulous?! Don't you just love her?! Don't you just love Dinner at eight?! I hadn't watched this movie for ever so long but after buying my new copy of Romantic homes magazine and seeing the darling Jean Harlow - Dinner at eight picture in the back, I was prompted to hunt the movie down and watch it again.

Those sets are so over the top yet absolutely fabulous! I adore old movies. My favourites are Hitchcock thrillers - especially Rear Window. My very favourite onscreen siren is Grace Kelly but I also love Marilyn flicks - who doesn't? lol ;) Another favourite is Doris Day in Pillow Talk.

I guess you could say I have a thing for blondes? lol

If you have any suggestions for ultimate vintage movies with fabulous sets please let me know :)






(how gorgeous were the 50's sets?)


p.s Aussie's, Romantic homes march issue is now available. I purchased mine at Borders. There's a feature on the gorgeous home of beautiful Sara Duckett of the Sadie Olive blog :)

(image courtesy of Sadie Olive)


pp.s I thought I'd treat myself to a little pressie from Ebay this week to add to my very own "cabinet of curiosities", and it just arrived in the post...weeeeee aren't they cute? hehe ;)



0 comments:

Post a Comment