Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pretty Apartment #3...

Finally we have apartment #3 and I think I saved the best for last. This stunning apartment is in New York city and decorated by Margaret Elman, the founder and owner of Chair Couture.
From a feature in the May 07 issue of Home Beautiful - Chair Couture is a business based on the idea of 're-dressing' vintage French and Italian pieces in bold, modern fabrics to "take classic antiques out of the dusty drawing room and shabby chic country house and make them work in contemporary interiors".

While the other two apartment's beauty were soley based on pretty muted pastels, which I adore, I feel they are the kind of interior I would have if I were living alone. This complementary mix of bold cheerful colours and pastels are really more appropriate for my lifestyle at this moment having a family.


There is so much I love about this home. Like I said I love the mix of bold and muted hues aswell as the blend of various patterns and mish mashed chairs. Vintage treasures such as the swan print, floral tidy bin and that hat collection!


Lets not forget the stunning variety of chandeliers! *sighs*


Margaret Elman describes her favourite colour and style - "Everything from the palest robin-egg blue to sky-and-sea aqua to Tiffany box blue to full-on, whipping bright 1950's-dinner turquoise".
"My style right now is kind of Marie Antoinette meets flea market meets a few items from the 21st century".


This is certainly a woman after my own heart! If I were ever asked the same questions my answers would be almost identical.



Look at this fabulous kitchen! Small and intimate. I LOVE the booth at the end. I'm such a booth person lol. Although alot more modern than my usual tastes, I love the idea of the magazine rack on the wall. I also think that lemon painting really sets off the gorgeous aqua fabric on the seating.


(All images were taken by Ngoc Minh Ngo)




What can I say about the bedroom?! INCREDIBLE!!!



That brings me to the end of my little apartment series, Thank you so very much for the lovely comments you wrote. Discovering and touring stunning homes like these just make the days so much brighter :)
The images of all the apartments featured were courtesy of Taverne-Agency.






0 comments:

Post a Comment