Monday, December 1, 2008

Feeling Green...

I don't know what has come over me. I'm usually such a blue person but lately I'm seeing green. I have a heap of colour schemes to put together for all three clients and two of the homes I can see a predominant green theme for their formal living/dining areas.


One a muted olive/sea grass type hue and the other a more forest green, like the green in Mz Wearstlers Imperial Trellis pattern.



One of the homes had a very formal and sophisticated living/dining but VERY outdated, however while walking through I was immediately thinking of an image I saw in a book I have at home called Hollywood At Home by Architectural Digest. It was the home of the late, great Danny Kaye.



I can barely describe the love I feel for this dining room, which still amazes me considering it's so different to my usual prefered style. Decorated back in the 50's I feel this room is absolutely timeless and truly captures that feel of old Hollywood glamour with a contemporary edge. The wallpaper, the chairs, the oak sideboard in the colonial bay window, the oriental tureens, the bowl of yellow tulips - It all works so beautifully and epitomizes elegance and comfort.


Another reason for me thinking about this home was my client had a rosewood pedestal with a vase of silk flowers that were tired and ready for the rubbish and she asked me what could replace them. I noticed she had a couple of oriental accent pieces around so I thought a beautiful white orchid would be a classic way to go with a distinct oriental flavour.
Notice the orchids in the Kaye's living room? :)



I also love the orange cushions in the Kaye's family room. I'm now thinking key colours - green and white with accent colours orange, blue & white.



Especially now after seeing this stunning entry room of the home of Mary McDonald via my favourite blog and yours, Cote De Texas.

I know you're probably all thinking pffft it's all been done before but this is my first time building a concept with the challenge of selling it to the client and I'm excited! :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment