Thursday, April 3, 2008

The homes of the southern highlands - part 1


My post a few days ago talking about Bowral and the southern highlands of NSW, prompted me to visit realestate.com and see just whats for sale at the moment down there. I was completely blown away at the endless amount of heavenly properties that are currently available. Unfortunately for me the majority of homes that I picked are indeed out of my league lol. Nevertheless I had to post a few of my favourites in a two part series to show you the beauty and the over-the-top that surrounds you in this treasured part of Australia.

There's no internal photo's of the above house but I'd have to say as far as external views go, it's my pick of the bunch. It looks somewhat like a french farmhouse no?

This stunning home features four bedrooms, built in wardrobes, the main is huge with open fire, built-in robe, walk-in robe and large ensuite. Grand entrance, formal lounge with bar and access to the terrace. Formal dining with ante room and open fire. Downstairs study, upstairs sitting room. Huge billiard room with powder room and wet bar. Modern gas kitchen with pantry and dishwasher. Large breakfast room with access to the terrace. The grounds comprise a lawn tennis court and swimming pool set on over an acre.


La Villa Fleurie


Set in a very private locale with access from the road and a private lane at the rear, is this country home. An acre of manicured gardens greets you at the security gates, entry is into a parquetry lined foyer with impressive 10 ft ceilings and leads onto a formal lounge and separate formal dining room. A cathedral lined ceiling in the centre of the house shows off the spectacular kitchen and other rooms include a family area and two studies or work rooms. The master suite is a show piece and features a Juliet balcony and large ensuite.


I'm not sure what this is but it looks interesting. A vault perhaps? lol




They should rename this home Versailles ;)

I love european kitchens but this is even a little too much for me.

Yikes @ that bed! :/








This is a Tuscan gem and I'm in love! If only I were a multi-millionaire. I guess the lottery check got lost in the mail ;)

Features - Privacy and seclusion in 1.75 acres of superb gardens* Tuscan villa of beautiful proportions* Grand master bedroom suite with WIR and ensuite* 2 further bedrooms, nursery/study, second bathroom* Formal lounge with beautiful garden vistas* Separate formal dining, modern European kitchen and family dining* Terraces and courtyard opening from entertaining areas* Central heating, gas log fires, double garage

so much attention to deatil.

*sighs* what a beautiful room. I LOVE the blue and white features above and around the fireplace :)

I also love those dining chair slip covers!

Glorious picture windows!



http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=103006021&f=60&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=76187298&s=nsw&snf=rbs&tm=1207276747


This is a true masterpiece of a home.

Features include - 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and huge loft suitable for home office or rumpus room for children. Formal lounge with open fire, separate formal dining, bar room. Outstanding kitchen with quality features and European appliances. Large family room with gas log fire and family dining. Laundry, separate mudroom/storage, double garage with internal access.Central heating throughout and 12ft ceilings.All bathrooms, kitchen, laundry and service areas with under floor heating.
Formal living, stunning windows and french doors.

formal dining

fabulous open plan family living/dining room.


I'm usually partial to white kitchens but for some reason I'm in love with this one :)




mmmmm lavender, I can smell the aroma from here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment